Purcell, W.W. or W.A.
[Passenger list, "KOOMBANA" 37, compiled 04 June 1912, Adelaide Steamship Company. Broome Historical Society]
List of passengers known to have been bound for Derby.
From Fremantle [saloon]
* Purcell, W.A. Enquirer Mrs. Purcell, 23 McKenzie Street,
* Pearson, R. Brother E.W. Pearson, c/o G.P.O. Perth. Sister
in orphanage. Nephew of Captain Pearson above.
* Poor, W. Enquiry Mrs. Fanny Thomas, Mincha via Bendigo,
* Tayler, A.S. Enquiry from T.S. Tayler, Indstone,
* These men were engaged by Mr. Les Piper to proceed with him for work at
Margaret Downs Stations and Taylor has been working at Gingin.
[Passenger list, "KOOMBANA" 37, compiled 02 April 1912, Adelaide Steamship Company. Noel Butlin Archives Centre, Australian National University, 0186/N46/634]
Poor W. )
Purcell W. W. ) Drovers in the employ of Emmanuel Bros.
["The Passengers", The West Australian, Wednesday 03 April 1912, page 7]
Mr. W. W. Purcell.
["Country", The West Australian, Wednesday 10 April 1912, page 11]
Several passengers on the Koombana were well known in this district, notably Mr. Purcell, who, with Mrs. Purcell, had been a resident for some years managing for Mr. Satterthwaite, on the Alma area.
note: nil on Trove for 'purcell koombana memoriam'